Join one of Knoxville’s most beloved nonprofit organizations!
Applications are being accepted for the position of Director of Development.
Employment type: full-time
Salary is competitive, and includes a competitive benefits package.
HOURS: Full time. Salaried
Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Reporting to and in partnership with the executive director, the development director will spearhead development efforts the Joy of Music School. A new position in the organization, the director will have the opportunity to build on the School’s development operations.
• Develop and execute the Joy of Music School’s annual fundraising plan
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
• Manage the School’s Abila Fundraising 50 software and be responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Oversee the execution of timely acknowledgement of donations with a staff member
• With the executive director, develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Create and execute a strategy for a sustained base of annual individual donors, including digital and social media appeals
• Direct, with the committee, the execution of special events
• Develop and track proposals, reports, and deliverables for government, foundation, and corporate grants and sponsorships
• With executive director, manage financial flows and accounts
• BA (required), MA (a plus)
• Three years of experience in a nonprofit development office
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
• Knowledge and facility with fundraising software databases
• Friendly, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of personal initiative.
We are an inter-connected, hard-working staff, so chemistry and attention to detail are keys to success! We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested applicants: Please…
1. Send resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to find a person who will make a great fit with our nonprofit, charitable, educational, and artistic work.
2. Demonstrate in composing your email that you understand what this organization does in the community. (Writing is important in this job)
3. If you do the above steps your email will be answered.